One of my favorites is his "top ten" list. I can easily relate to this particular item, since it is both informative and satirical at the same time.
Since I just recently found myself in this strange new world of 2013, as the result of some chance alignment of a kite, some lightning, and a time warp (so I'm told), I am constantly discovering ways in which the present century is very, very different from my own time. So I thought it would be appropriate to share with you my own "Top Ten" list of ways one can be sure that this is not the same century I originally came from:
1. When citizens want to revolt against the U.S. instead of England.
2. People do powdered donuts instead of powdered wigs.
3. Getting anywhere takes gas, not hay.
4. You can call someone on the other side of the world, but can’t cross a busy city street.
5. People can walk on the moon and stand on the stars (on Hollywood Blvd.)
6. The only mud on streets comes from big, dirty pickup trucks.
7. There are more fancy-schmancy fireplaces just for show, compared to fireplaces that actually heat a home.
8. Flying isn’t just for the birds anymore.
9. You light a room with the flick of a switch instead of a flick of a match.
10. The names in the news are Kim Kardashian, Miley Cyrus, and Barack Obama, instead of Washington, Jefferson, and Adams.
So there you have it. My very own "Top Ten List," in tribute to David Letterman.
Your humble servant,